QUEBEC TRAFFIC RULES 05
Some regulations include driving on the right side of the road, obeying traffic signals and signs, and wearing seat belts. In addition, Quebec has strict laws against impaired driving, with severe penalties for those caught driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
How To Pass Your Quebec Driver's License Written Test
Aspiring to have your driver’s license? Do you want to be fully licensed and get traveling in no time? Are you a citizen of Quebec, Canada, and would want to get your Class 5 license? Then you have to complete and pass some tests as you go on your quests of earning this important piece of legal document.
There are different kinds of driver’s license classes in Quebec, Canada. It depends on what vehicle and level of driving skills you have. From motorcycles, scooters, and taxis, to bigger and heavier vehicles like buses and trucks, there is a specific driver’s license that you need to have.
But among all these driver’s licenses, the one that is advisable to have is the Class 5 driver’s license. This license is the one that you need to be called a “fully licensed driver”. The Class 5 driver’s license can also give you the freedom to drive a vehicle even without the accompaniment of another “fully licensed driver” and you can also now have a passenger on your vehicle.
Kinds of written tests
The driving test Quebec has is called the SAAQ test or SAAQ theory test, it is the written form of the examination used to evaluate the theory side of driving. This is where students should answer sets of questions about what they have learned in the driving school. It consists of multiple-choice questions and is usually takes almost an hour to finish. These are:
- Sixteen questions about Road signs and rules, wherein you need to have at least thirteen correct answers
- Thirty-two questions about Road situations where you have to get at least twenty-six correct answers. These are situations that are focused on the abilities and qualities that are important in driving:
- Checking your surroundings
- Analyzing of events
- Practicing proper judgment
- Detecting danger
- Anticipation of what could happen next
- Good decision making
Taking a test can be very stressful and challenging, and a driving test is not an exception. This is why you need to be prepared for it as soon as you start going into a driving school. Here are some important notes that you can consider in preparation for your test:
Study. There are three guidelines that are given for you to learn and read thoroughly. They are the:
- Driver’s Handbook. This is where the basic knowledge needed by a driver is written. Rules, roles even road regulations for vehicles are written in this document. This summarizes the responsibilities obligation and rights of the driver, the passenger, the pedestrian, and other drivers that you may encounter in the future.
- Driving a passenger vehicle. This guide has information for aspiring drivers on what are the safety road protocols and proper techniques in controlling their vehicle. It has 6 chapters that include different tips and techniques for road safety, energy-saving, and being eco-friendly. It also has helpful evaluations that you can do yourself to see your progress and growth as a driver.
- Road Access Binder. This is a collection of all materials and tools for aspiring drivers in their training and study sessions in the driving schools. It is a very helpful document that can help you in passing the Road Safety Education Program of the SAAQ.
Make sure to have more time in studying the basics and the complex parts of the guidelines and the things that you are covering in the driving school. Instead of using the “cram style” in studying, you need to have focus and flexible time in studying so that you don’t have to retake the driving tests.
Before booking your test schedule, you can seek the advice of your driving instructor about some tips and notes about the exams that you are going to take.
You can do practice tests or take quizzes online to be more prepared and knowledgeable about the tests. In this way, you can be confident about what you are going to take and what you can expect on that day. Just be sure to check the website that you are going to make the mock tests with.
Make little notes about the theories and lessons that you are studying. This can help you stimulate and memorize what there is in need to know and retain.
Make sure that you have enough rest and a positive mindset the day before your scheduled exam. If you still have enough time, you can scan your notes while waiting in the morning and stay hydrated so you can focus your mind on the things you should think of.
Be on time so you would not feel pressured. You can also reward yourself after the test. In this way, you can have something to look forward to and be motivated on your test.
What you should remember about the test?
- If ever you have failed the driving test Quebec, you have to retake it, but you have to wait 28 days before you are allowed to take the test again.
- You have to retake only the ones that you have failed and make another day of the appointment.
- You have to be a holder of a learner’s license for 10 months to be able to take the test.
- You can take the test in either of the 5 languages that it’s available.
- Read the Highway Safety Code and be familiar with the rules and regulations made under it.
Many people may take the driving test as a very easy matter but it is not to be taken for granted. A driving test is a step for you to have and get your driver’s license and properly drive your vehicle. It is always important that you know all the rules and regulations of the road and the safety protocols we must follow so that there will be no accidents and bad events that could happen to you, your passenger, and other people that you might meet in the future. Be sure to be a good driver and citizen so that you can have fun and enjoy the privileges of having a driver’s license.