10 Steps to a Clean Car Interior
You work hard to keep the exterior of your car clean, but a clean interior is just as important. It could be argued that a clean car interior is even more important. After all, the inside of the car is where you spend most of your time. Polishing the paint and waxing the exterior might make the car look great to passing motorists, but cleaning the inside of the car will make the daily commute and other driving chores more enjoyable. Find out below how to clean car interior.
- Keeping the inside of your car spic and span does not have to be a chore. All you need are a few simple supplies and the desire to keep the car as clean as possible. Just follow these 10 simple tips for a clean and beautiful car.Use a dirt-resistant polish. The first step is to clean the interior of the car thoroughly using a quality polish. Choosing a polish that actively repels dirt will mean less cleaning later on.
- Make the car a smoke-free zone. It can be nearly impossible to get the smell of cigarette smoke out of the car’s upholstery and headliner. Banning smoking in your car is the best way to keep it clean and odor-free.
- Hang a trash bag. Keeping a trash bag in your car is one of the best ways to keep the interior clean, especially if you have kids or regularly transport passengers. Look for a trash bag designed for cars and hang it in a convenient spot.
- Invest in a cordless car vacuum. Having a cordless vacuum in the trunk of the car will make cleaning up any spills or stains a lot easier. With a car vac you can clean up spills right away – before they have a chance to set in.
- Protect your carpets. Applying a stain resistant coating to your car mats and carpets will help prevent stains from setting in and make the interior easier to maintain.
- Choose a sturdy cup holder. If you must drink in the vehicle, make sure the cup holder you use is sturdy enough to hold your beverage. Check the cup holder each time you use it and replace it as soon as it shows signs of wear.
- Add a steering wheel cover. A steering wheel cover can protect the interior and prevent fading. Adding a cover can also keep the wheel cool and prevent you from burning your hands.
- Invest in a good set of seat covers. The seats can fade and become discolored over time, marring the good looks of the car’s interior. A good set of seat covers will prevent fading and make the car more attractive.
- Keep it covered. Nothing fades a car’s interior faster than direct sunlight. Park in the garage whenever you can. If a garage is not available, keep the car in the shade as much as possible.
- Check the car each time you park it. Check the car for trash every time you park and throw out anything you find. Cleaning the car regularly makes maintenance much easier.