DrivingTest.ca is an online driving test practice site that serves all provinces and territories in Canada. Advance through the practice tests at your own pace on any computer, tablet or mobile phone with internet access. While these tests are not the same as the actual ones you will be taking, they can give you a good idea of what to expect. It is all FREE!
SAAQ Knowledge Practice Test – Rules 07
Driving Test 08
Drive on the shoulder of the highway
Drive in the centre of the roadway
Keep to the right of the road or in the right-hand lane on multi-lane roads
Always keep well to the left
Sound horn and proceed with caution
Enter or cross the highway as quickly as possible
Yield right-of-way to all vehicles approaching on the highway
Give hand signal then take right-of -way
Your tires ride on top of the water, like water skis
Ice on roadway
The tire pressure is too high
Sound horn for the driver of the stopped car to drive on
Pass the stopped car to the right
Pass the stopped car on the left
Do not pass any vehicle within 30 metres of a pedestrian crossover
Is permitted when the street or highway has two or more lanes for traffic in the direction you are traveling.
Is not permitted under any circumstance
Is permitted providing it is possible to do so by driving on the shoulder of the road
Is permitted on any street or highway
Continue through intersection without slowing or stopping
Speed up to clear the intersection as quickly as possible
Stop. If stop cannot be made safely proceed with caution
Sound horn to warn pedestrians and other drivers that you do not intend to stop
Blinded by the headlights of an approaching vehicle
Another driver dims his lights
Meeting or following another vehicle
Approaching an intersection
Height of the curb
Turning radius of your curb
Pass at any time
Pass only during day light hours
You may pass if the way is clear
Your reaction time is slower at night
You cannot see as far ahead, even with headlights
Some drivers unlawfully drive with parking lights only
The roadways are more apt to be slippery at night
Arm out and up
Arm straight out the window
Arm out and down
Proceed slowly into the intersection until the traffic ahead moves on
Keep as close as possible to the car ahead
Sound horn to warn cars ahead to move on
Stop before entering the intersection and wait until traffic ahead moves on
The one moving faster
Vehicle approaching from the right
Vehicle approaching from the left
Right side of the back seat
Left side of the back seat
Centre of the back seat
Speed up and force your way into traffic
Slow down, stop if necessary and go only when the way is clear
Stop, and then enter traffic quickly
Stop, and then enter traffic slowly
It is recommended that you take a practice test before you take the actual written test. Please note, however, that this is not the actual test, and you will not receive your license if you pass this sample practice test. If you’re getting your driver's licence, you’ve come to
All You Want To Know About The SAAQ Knowledge Test
Are you planning to take up the SAAQ Knowledge test soon? Are you wondering about the procedure and details? If you are to take up this test, you must be learning driving for at least 10 months now. Before you take up the knowledge test, it is important to ensure that you have prepared adequately. Good preparation is the key to clear the test on the first attempt.
If you are wondering how to prepare, then worry not! There is plenty of material available online and you may get adequate practice and preparation with these materials. This article briefs you about everything that you need to know before taking up the test.
The SAAQ driving test theory
There is a precise theory behind the SAAQ driving test. If you are to gain a driving license, you are expected to clear the practical and knowledge test. Once you clear these tests you will be granted a driving license accredited by the Association Quebecoise des transports, AQTr.
If you are determined to pass this test, you need to know the safety code of Highways, traffic signals, and signs. You should also know the technical aspects of driving a vehicle.
The best way to prepare for the test is to read the Highway safety code. Read the code until you are familiar with the regulations that come under it. This is a practical guide to drivers and road laws. This book also covers the contents of driving a vehicle safely.
The SAAQ test is not restricted only to English. You can opt to take the test even in French. You may also take up the tests in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic. Road rules, laws are the primary focus of this test. In case, you fail to clear the test on the first attempt, worry not! You are allowed to take the test again after 28 days.
The contents of the written test in Quebec for driving
The written test comprises multiple-choice questions and will require an hour to complete. The test also has two sections. The first section tests the candidate on road rules and signs. You have to get at least thirteen out of sixteen to clear this section. The second section tests the candidate’s knowledge of on-road situations. In this, you are expected to answer twenty-six of the thirty-two questions clearly and concisely.
You may choose to book for the test, when you feel ready for it or schedule the test in advance, so as to set a target or timeline for yourself. It is important that you devote adequate time to preparing for this test.
It is advised to study small portions on a regular basis, rather than doing everything a week prior or few days before the exam. It is also best to drive every day so as to implement the theories you have learned and also to retain information.
Preparing for the day of the test
The first thing to ensure is that you are well prepared for the test and have had ample practice tests. The SAAQ knowledge practice tests will give you the confidence to sit for the real test. Make sure you span out the portion of the study for the test and don’t cram yourself on the night before the test. To take the test comfortably, book the test at a time when you don’t have any other exams or any other events happening in your life.
- The twelve modules of the Road Safety Education program will be found on the website of Societe de l’ assurance automobile Quebec. You can also opt to purchase the study guides from the vendor.
- It is always better to talk to your driving instructor before you book the test. The instructor may be able to help you with the preparation tactics and the best way to get through the test. You can take up the SAAQ knowledge practice test online. These tests have a similar pattern of questions you are more likely to get on the day of your exam. Attempting a practice test will help you gauge the preparation required and also make you feel confident to take up the actual test.
- If you can plan to study the few pages of the guide in a day and take up practice tests on a regular basis, you are sure to clear the knowledge test on the first attempt.
- If you don’t want the exam stress to get on you, it is wise to read a few pages every day. This will help you retain the information and prepare well for the test. You may also take notes of the lessons you are learning every day for better retention. Some of them may find it easy to retain when they read out loud. You may opt for anything that works for you.
- A day before the test, ensure that you rest well. Get adequate sleep before you take the test. It is preferred to book the test in the morning so that you don’t have the need to wait the entire day to take up the test. Drink enough water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Plan ahead and get to know the route to your test center. Get there at least 30 minutes in advance, so that you have enough time to prepare for the test. You may also have a cup of coffee before you sit for the exam as caffeine is one of the best ways to keep you focused. Once you are done with the test, reward yourself with plenty of treats. This will give you hope and something to look forward to. Always remember you will be able to attempt the test again if you are not able to do it the first time. So, do not stress yourself.
- A calm mind is everything and it helps you do wonders. Once your mind is stressed, you may not be able to give your best. So, stay motivated while you attempt the test. Hope for the best, and give your best!